Axis Mutual Fund’s Axis Small Cap Fund Direct-Growth is a small cap mutual fund program. This fund was established on November 11, 2013, therefore it has been around for 8 years and 10 months. Axis Small Cap Fund Direct-Growth is a medium-sized fund in its category with $10,436 Crores in assets under management (AUM) as of June 30, 2022. The fund’s expense ratio, which is lower than that of the majority of other Small Cap funds, is 0.52%.
The 1-year returns on Axis Small Cap Fund Direct-Growth are 7.42%. It has generated returns of 24.74% on average every year since start. Every three years, the fund has doubled the amount invested in it.
The Axis Small Cap Fund Direct-Growth strategy can consistently deliver returns, which is comparable to the majority of funds in its category. It has a mediocre capacity to limit losses in a down market.
The areas of chemicals, healthcare, technology, finance, and construction are where the fund has the majority of its investments. Compared to other funds in the category, it has taken less exposure in the Chemicals and Healthcare sectors.
Fine Organic Industries Ltd., Galaxy Surfactants Ltd., Narayana Hrudayalaya Ltd., Brigade Enterprises Ltd., and KPIT Technologies Ltd. are the top 5 holdings of the fund.
Fund Key Highlights :
1. Current NAV: The Axis Small Cap Fund – Direct Plan’s Current Net Asset Value as of October 3, 2022, is Rs 70.34 for the Growth option of its Direct plan.
2. Returns: It has trailing returns of 11.41% (1 year), 31.41% (3 years), 21.77% (5 years), and 25.1%. (since launch). In contrast, category returns for the same period of time are: 7.28 (over a year), 31.5 (over a year), and 14.44%. (5yr).
3. Fund Size: As of August 31, 2022, the Axis Small Cap Fund – Direct Plan had assets under management of Rs. 10436.0 crore.
4. Expense ratio: As of August 31, 2022, the expense ratio for the fund’s Direct plan is 0.52%.
5. Exit Load: “Exit load of 1% for investments beyond 10% if redeemed within 12 months” will apply to the Axis Small Cap Fund – Direct Plan.
6. Minimum Investment: Rs. 5000 is the minimum required investment, and Rs. 100 is the minimal extra investment. 500 rupees is the minimum SIP investment.