DSP Mutual Fund offers the Small Cap mutual fund strategy known as DSP Small Cap Direct Plan-Growth. Since it was established on January 1, 2013, this fund has been around for nine years and nine months. DSP Small Cap Direct Plan-Growth is a medium-sized fund in its category with 8,982 Crores in assets under management (AUM) as of June 30, 2022. The expense ratio of the fund, which is 0.97%, is more than what the majority of other Small Cap funds charge.
The 1-year growth returns for the DSP Small Cap Direct Plan are 7.14%. It has generated returns of 21.92% on average every year since start. Every three years, the fund has doubled the amount invested in it.
The DSP Small Cap Direct Plan-Growth scheme can consistently deliver returns, which is comparable to the majority of funds in its category. It has a mediocre capacity to limit losses in a down market.
The Materials, Chemicals, Automobile, Services, and Textiles sectors are where the fund holds the majority of its investments. Compared to other funds in the category, it has taken less exposure in the Materials and Chemicals sectors.
Suprajit Engineering Ltd., Ratnamani Metals & Tubes Ltd., Atul Ltd., Cyient Limited, and KPR Mills Ltd. are the top 5 holdings of the fund.
Fund Key Highlights :
1. Current NAV: The DSP Small Cap Fund – Direct Plan’s Current Net Asset Value as of October
3, 2022 is Rs 120.46 for the Growth option of its Direct plan.
2. Returns: It has trailing returns of 13.72% (1 year), 32.93% (3 years), 15.14% (5 years), and 22.27%. (since launch). In contrast, category returns for the same period of time are: 7.28 (over a year), 31.5 (over a year), and 14.44%. (5yr).
3. Fund Size: As of August 31, 2022, the DSP Small Cap Fund – Direct Plan had assets under management of Rs. 8981.69 crore.
4. Expense ratio: As of August 31, 2022, the expense ratio for the fund’s Direct plan is 0.97%.
5. Exit Load: If redeemed in fewer than 12 months, the DSP Small Cap Fund – Direct Plan will have an exit load of 1%.
6. Required Least Investment: A minimum additional investment of Rs. 500 is also required. 500 rupees is the minimum SIP investment.