A Mid Cap mutual fund product offered by Pgim India Mutual Fund is PGIM India Midcap Opportunities Fund Direct-Growth. This fund was established on November 11, 2013, therefore it has been around for 8 years and 10 months. PGIM India Midcap Opportunities Fund Direct-Growth is a medium-sized fund in its category with assets under management (AUM) of $6,614 Crores as of June 30, 2022. The fund’s expense ratio of 0.4% is lower than what the majority of other Mid Cap funds impose.
The 1-year Direct-Growth returns for the PGIM India Midcap Opportunities Fund are 6.96%. It has generated returns of 20.03% on average per year since start. Every two years, the fund has quadrupled the amount invested in it.
The PGIM India Midcap Opportunities Fund Direct-Growth strategy has a higher consistency of return delivery than most funds in its class. It has a strong capacity to limit losses in a market that is dropping.
The areas of capital goods, finance, services, transportation, and materials are where the fund has the majority of its investments. Compared to other funds in the category, it has invested less in the capital goods and financial industries.
ABB India Ltd., TVS Motor Co. Ltd., Timken India Ltd., Indian Hotels Co. Ltd., and Varun Beverages Ltd. are the top 5 holdings of the fund.
Fund Key Highlights :
1. Current NAV: The PGIM India Midcap Opportunities Fund’s Direct Plan’s Current Net Asset Value as of October 3, 2022, is Rs. 49.19 for the Growth option.
2. Returns: It has trailing returns of 10.42% after one year, 41.71% after three years, 21.79% after five years, and 20.39% after ten years (since launch). While category returns for the same time period are: 7.37 percent (1 year), 25.4 percent (3 years), and 13.38 percent (5yr).
3. Fund Size: As of August 31, 2022, the PGIM India Midcap Opportunities Fund – Direct Plan had assets under management of Rs. 6614.47 crore.
4. Expense ratio: As of August 31, 2022, the fund’s expense ratio for the Direct plan is 0.4%.
5. Exit Load: “0.5% for redemption within 90 days” will be the exit load for the PGIM India Midcap Opportunities Fund – Direct Plan.
6. Minimum Investment: Rs. 5000 is the minimum necessary investment, and Rs. 1000 is the minimum extra investment. 1000 rupees is the minimum SIP investment.